Volunteer Signup will be open from Wednesday, June 12 through Monday, June 17th
Dear Fairport Soccer Club Parents:
It's time to sign-up to volunteer at the 25thAnnual Fairport Soccer Tournament! We have a new sign-up process. The documented process to walk you thru the sign-up process can be found under the Tournament tab where the Volunteer Descriptions are located. Here are a few reminders/helpful hints:
- Volunteer positions descriptions are located below for reference
- The only families that are exempt for Volunteering are families of a head coach or tournament committee members as they will be working all weekend.
- When registering enter your player(s) name as the participant not your name.
- It is important to register all your children, so we do not schedule you during their games and we will attempt not to schedule you within 20 min. of your player(s) games.
- You need to know the Age Group(i.e. BU10, GU09, etc.) and Last Name of the Head Coachfor each player in your household.
- If you have more than 3 players in your family then enter the additional players name, their Age Group and Head Coach Last Name in the Comments Section.
- Each family is asked to sign-up ONCE and identify all players in the family. It’s crucial thatSeparate household’s sign-up together so the family is only scheduled for 2 shifts.
- Each family will be assigned to two 2-hour shifts throughout the weekend so please provide preferences. Families that don't sign up by Mon., June 17th will be assigned shifts and expected to work.
- If you are going to be on vacation during tournament weekend, please sign up and select Out of Town. There are some Volunteer Positions on Thursday and Friday if you are available. If you select Out of Town, you will be contacted to work at the tryouts or for something else that FSC may need.
- Please use the Comments field to specify special requests such as: if you can only work certain times or days; you want to work back to back shifts; you want to be scheduled during your player(s) game; you want to work with a particular person; or if you have more than 3 players in your family(list the additional players name, age group and last name of their Head Coach here).
There are over 500 volunteer shifts to be assigned. The scheduling process will start as soon as the Tournament game schedule is complete. Please be patient it is a manual intensive process and will be completed as quickly as possible. The Volunteer Schedule will be emailed by Team Managers and posted to the FSC website under the Tournament Tab. My hope is to have the Volunteer Schedule done as quickly as possible but at the latest June 25th.
If you have questions or issues, please email youTeam Manager.
Volunteer Positions (revised April 2019)
Awards/Shootout: Are you energetic and want to have a great time with the U10 and younger players? This is the shootout event where kids can shoot on their coaches. This job will take place at Martha Brown
Club Store: This position will be located next to concessions and will be managing and selling T-Shirts. This position can be located at Martha Brown or Center Park.
BBQ Staffing: Enjoy delicious BBQ? Want to do one of the most fun jobs FSC has to offer?!?! You're in luck because the BBQ is in need of volunteers! We are looking for volunteers to help with parking, ticket collection, BBQ distribution, and cleanup after the BBQ on Saturday, June29th. This will be done at Center Park West. Sign up today to help make this event a success!
Concessions:Keep the concession stand running smoothly by fulfilling orders and taking money for grilled items, pizza, snacks, drinks and candy. Keep items stocked and replenish coolers with drinks and ice as needed. Requires good customer service skills! You will be located at Martha Brown. We need several volunteers to start a shift at 4pm on Friday evening. If it is possible for you to work this time slot, please write it in the “comments” section of the sign-up page.
Grill Cooks: If you are the master of the grill, this is the job for you. You will be grilling hotdogs and hamburgers in the concessions area at Martha Brown. No formal cooking training is required. We need one volunteer to start a shift at 4pm on Friday evening. If it is possible for you to work this time slot, please write it in the “comments” section of the sign-up page.
Field Marshal: The job of the Field Marshals is to make sure the fields are in good playing condition and that the teams and referees are present for an on-time start. During the games, they are the primary communications link to tournament headquarters for maintenance and emergencies, using their personal cell phone. After the games the marshal writes down the info in their binder once they have confirmed the score with the referee then they will call their score into the 800 number listed in the binder. If it is the last game they will bring back the binder and field flags to Martha Brown; otherwise they leave the binder with their replacement. Field Marshals need to check in 30 min. prior to their scheduled volunteer time at Martha Brown where they are given a binder with instructions and assigned game field(s). Field Marshals may be assigned to work at any of the tournament locations. We need more than 10 people per 2-hour shift. This is a job that you can performed during your child’s game. This will be located at Martha Brown
Operations Set Up, Thursday Evening: There will be a team of volunteers working on Thursday evening5-9 pm to assemble and move goals - this is a 4-hour block and can be a good alternative for those that are not available the rest of the weekend.
Operation Set Up Friday, Daytime Hours: On Friday morning and afternoon, set up continues with the concession stand, field equipment, placing signs and banners, and preparing trash and recycling toters. These shifts begin at 8am and run until 6pm, so please be specific in the “comments” section with your availability as to which shifts you can work.
Operations Tear Down, Sunday: On Sunday afternoon and into early evening, tear down volunteers are helping to pack up the concession stand, pull in all field equipment and trash and recycling toters, policing the fields for trash, disassembling and moving goals, packing up all signs and banners, and generally making sure everything is back where it belongs.
Out of Town: ONLY to be used by those traveling the weekend of the tournament? Sign up here and we will contact you with possibilities for an assignment that can be completed before the tournament, during the season, or in the fall. PLEASE, ONLY request this option if you are unable to volunteer during the weekendbecause you are OUT OF TOWN. Provide details of your availability dates in the “Comments” section.
Parking: We need people to assist our guests by directing them to the proper field location, directing them to park safely, and to assist those that need it. Volunteers for this job must be 21 and over.
50/50 Raffle Ticket Sales: In this position you will be selling raffle tickets either at the raffle table or roving to sell tickets on the soccer field sidelines. An outgoing and persuasive personality is a plus for this job. This job is only done on Friday night, all day Saturday and Sunday morning. We need 1 or 2 volunteers to start a shift at 5pm on Friday evening. If it is possible for you to work this time slot, please write it in the “comments” section of the sign-up page.
Overnight Security: Having a few people on-site OVERNIGHTprovides a sense of security to the HQ area and eliminates the need to pack up the tournament site each night. This position requires a flashlight and gets the most requests from veterans who volunteer to do it again with the same “Security Team.” It is a fun job, it just has odd hours. Six, 2-hour shifts will be needed for both Friday and Saturday Nights, starting at 9 PM going through the night. The 9-11 p.m. shifts also police the grounds and pick up/empty trash containers. The 5-7 a.m. shifts will assist with set up for the day. They will help set up fields, corner flags on fields, etc where needed.
Team Registration: In this position you will be checking in the teams that are registered to play in the tournament. Validating their roster, player passes and other documentation. This position will be at Martha Brown. We will need some people on Friday evening beginning at 4pm and Saturday morning. There may be a need for some people to assist on Wednesday evening.
Volunteer Check-In Registration: In this position you will be checking in the Volunteers and directing them to their assignment. You will be working with the Tournament Committee Directors and Committee Chairperson(s) to ensure that each area has adequate coverage. This position will be located at Martha Brown and will need staffing Friday, Saturday and Sunday.