Traveling soccer is a great environment for competitiveness and high-level skills training. Any players considering making the jump to a traveling team should be made aware of the following:
- Traveling soccer can be more expensive than recreational soccer. It can incur costs from professional coaching, increased practice time and travel expenses.
- There is no guarantee of playing time. The best players play.
- There is an increased chance for high-level development. Players looking to play in college and beyond should seriously consider joining a traveling team.
- You will be required to try out and will be placed on a team according to ability.
- Rules are generally more closely related to high school and college soccer.